Photo History

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well, I feel quite honoured when I got selected. I learnt alot, mainly about Toa Payoh & much more. I was given encouragement by teachers & friends, & that's what that got me continue going through into all these experience.

What I found out about Toa Payoh is that it was once an extensive and notorious squatter district. Most squatters were engaged in farming and rearing pigs. The others were hawkers, factory workers, mechanics or domestic helpers. & as Archie said, Toa Payoh is a Hokkien language reference to "big swamp" (toa is "big" and payoh means "swamp"). The Malay word for swamp is "Paya". The reference indicates the large swampy area that preceded the later development of Chinese market gardens in this area. Lol.

Also, I learnt alot of new skills for the Flash Animation lesson, & probably, I can learn more if I have the chance. I might forget some of the skills taught, but still, I had the experience & got the chance of trying them out. Hee. Thats all then.

- Qurrah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, all of us had benefitted in some way while doing this trail. Plus, with the support from our friends and teachers, we made it through.