Photo History

Monday, March 23, 2009

Toa Payoh Trail

Toa Payoh, once a vast stretch of swampy land back in the 1920s is now developed with blocks of high-rise flat and a mini shopping arcade. I lived in Toa Payoh since 17 years ago when I was born, there are too many memories to share. I remember when I was a child, I always like to whine and ask my mother to bring me out to Toa Payoh Central.

Have you heard of the 1st air-conditioned bus interchange in Singapore? It is actually the well-known bus interchange at Toa Payoh Central! Over there, you could discover great food at several restaurants and hawker centres, cheap bargains at shops located along the street (handphone shops especially because of the intense competition there) and many others. Talking about food, there is a wide variety of KFC, Mcdonald's, Crystal Jade Kitchen, Pasta Mania, Delifrance ... you could find them all over there! And if you would like to have a stroll after meals at this food paradise, Toa Payoh Garden located just opposite the interchange is the best option. You can have a glimpse of these places i mentioned below:



Not forgetting the famous tree temple which I always go with my family, it is still around with many people visiting each day.



Toa Payoh is my hometown - a pleasant heartland area to live in. It is full of memories of my family, neighbours, as well as those childhood playmates I used to have.


POSTED by: Xuanhui 5N2

No comments: